There's no feeling more interesting than spending 6 hours in a day just drawing, designing, arranging, and animating, to only have a 10-second piece to show for that labor. I truly appreciate what Disney artists go through and completely understand why they have ceased from ever making another hand-drawn movie. I have been having fun, however. It is definitely something new. I plan on using a hybrid of animation methods for my work and I hope they blend well together. I decided to write my own poem for the work, since I'd rather be inspired by my own experience than someone else's. Nothing wrong with the other guy, really. It's just my poetry is subconsciously inspired by other people's poetry.
The poem is called "The Stable Tabernacle" and I won't share it until it is time to share the video, seeing that its first listen is a part of the entire experience. Words are an enjoyable dwelling place for me.
I'm not being selfish or insecure in my secretive nature for sharing my work-in-progress. It simply sucks away the bits of enjoyment that I want to share with people who haven't seen it before. Of course it's nothing special and, for many, may not be anything new. However, I've worked alongside people on projects and wondered just how much less I'd think about the production and more about the message if I hadn't been a part of planning as much as I was.
It's about the heart and where it fits.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment